There is this joke in Bangalore, if someone says its raining in Bangalore, make sure you ask which locality and which street. Well, its similar with India. Few states have winter showers. One such state is Tamilnadu. The capital of Tamilnadu ,Chennai had to face the wrath of mother nature. The flood was brought down by themselves as well. That's altogether a different topic. There are so many measure one needs to take care when it comes to traveling, planning and plotting sometimes fail. You can't be prepared for terrorist attacks or floods in a city that hardly has rains.
If you are the person who has a boss who grants you leave in the last minute or an impulsive person and does not care about the best time to visit places then if it is any time between June to August.
Do not forget to carry these:
1. Umbrella! You get light weighted ones, better than rain coats. Umbrella and you, looks better in the photo when compared to the rain coats.
2. Extra pair of dress: This one is for the guys, we girls usually carry. Don't we ?
3. Extra pair of inner-wear: A fresh pair is always welcoming and comfortable. Isn't it ? You don't know if you can wash them or if it will dry when there is flood.
4. Essentials: Sanitation is very poor in India. Yeah, mera bharath mahan but let's not deny the truth. Be equipped with sanitary essentials. You know what you want more than me. So not listing out what to keep.
5. Medicines and staples: Please keep plenty of essential medicines, you could also help others if you don't need them in cases of emergency. Packets of biscuits, chocolates, water bottles and nonperishable items always have their ways of coming to rescue. So keep them with you.
I am participating in the #A-ZChallenge. The theme being A-Z of travelling in India.Come along and take the journey with me to experience incredible India.
Also linking it to day 25 of UBC
The other experiences of Incredible India are here.
Labels: #A-Zchallenge, #chennai, #rain, #UBC